What's new

Problem with External Monitor? Blurry Text? DPI?

swadeepc

Hi,

I have a problem with texts being blurry and not sharp (not smooth)when connected to the external screen? I am using Surface book connected via dock to the Samsung 32 inch LED monitor with 1920*1080 resolution but it doesn't look sharp and texts appear blurry also. Is this the DPI problem and or some other issues? Please advice if there's any fix? Would really appreciate help.

Thanks

Swadeep

OP
S

swadeepc

I connect to another samsung tv screen also 40 inch but i diabled that display and also the surface book display.

Thanks

Swadeep

OP
S

swadeepc

I just tested connecting to my older screen Samsung S27C750 and it actually looks good! This one is not curved monitor. The other one mentioned above it bigger and curved
Samsung Curved Monitor 32" (LC32F391FWEXXT)
. Could that be problem?

Thanks

Swadeep

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I just tested connecting to my older screen Samsung S27C750 and it actually looks good! This one is not curved monitor. The other one mentioned above it bigger and curved
Samsung Curved Monitor 32" (LC32F391FWEXXT)
. Could that be problem?

Thanks

Swadeep
Are you running the monitor at the native resolution? What does it look like if you use both the Surface Book screen and extend to the external monitor?

Other issues, are you using an HDMI 2.x certified Cable? What are you using to convert mDP to HDMI or is the Monitor using mDP to DP? If so, does the cable support 4K+ 60Hz?

OP
S

swadeepc

Are you running the monitor at the native resolution? What does it look like if you use both the Surface Book screen and extend to the external monitor?

Other issues, are you using an HDMI 2.x certified Cable? What are you using to convert mDP to HDMI or is the Monitor using mDP to DP? If so, does the cable support 4K+ 60Hz?

Yes I am running monitor at native resolution. Default that is. I took the new monitor to home alo and same problem so looks like it could be defective monitor. Luckily I can still return it so I did. Anyway now I am using the old monitor S27C750 running at 1920*1080 with scaling of 100% as recommended. I disconected the SB display but tried with it too, running at deault scaling of 200% and at 3000*2000 and the third monitor is actually a samsung tv 40 inch running at scaling of 200% (300% was recommended but it was too zoomed in for me) and at 3840*2160. So to sum up it seems to look good and fine as i write this running 2 or 3 monitors ( 3 is including the SB display) all connected through Surface Dock. For this old monitor maybe it's almost 100% meaning i i look closely at it maybe i can still see abit broken text but from normal sight working it looks good. Maybe I am just thinking too much. Maybe I should take screenshots and post here and you can verify everything is working fine?

HDMI cables are 2.x certified yes and support ull hd 1080p. I am not sure about 4k, i doubt it. HDMI cables connected to monitor and tv directly and via the mdp to hdmi converter to the dock.

So maybe it is really a defective screen for that 32inch one because when i connected it to my home pc (full size) it looks broken and fuzzy too as mentioned above. Curve screen shouldn't be a problem because i am using samsung curve monitor too 27 inch at home. So could it be the size too?

Anyway for my office I still want to get a bigger screen perhaps 32inch so if size isn't the problem would you be able to recommend any please? On the surface dock website it recommends one at 32 and 28 also but ther are not curved but seems to support high resolution. S32D850T and U28E590D. I wouldn't mind U28E590D too but it's just one inch bigger and it is not curved as is this one so it's just the one inch difference and the resolution which the 590D one is 3840 x 2160 where as my current one is 1920*1080.

The S32D580T I can't seem to find it here but the resolution is also WQHD(2560x1440).

Would i benefit getting screen with higher resolution? Easy on the eyes? Less fuzzy and blurry? This one would be for office use. Excels and Google Chrome use mainly and reading articles etc.

Thanks

Swadeep