What's new

Preorder/Delivery date

cr3v3tt3

Hello

I'm from Europe, but I'm visiting the States until 22.10. If I preorder the new SP6 these days, is there any chance I'll receive it until I leave ? Will they make a queue and start serving orders from 16.10, or they deliver everything on that date ?

Do you have experience with past generations ? :)

wpcoe

I think it will depend somewhat on demand. If they receive a larger amount of orders than anticipated, they might not have enough units to ship on "release day," and in that case, I'd expect them to fill orders on a FIFO basis. I don't think anybody can say for sure if there will be a need to queue up orders due to a bigger-than-anticipated demand.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it will depend somewhat on demand. If they receive a larger amount of orders than anticipated, they might not have enough units to ship on "release day," and in that case, I'd expect them to fill orders on a FIFO basis. I don't think anybody can say for sure if there will be a need to queue up orders due to a bigger-than-anticipated demand.
TBH I never heard of Surface unit's not being available and a couple of times I ordered one at the last minute and still got it on Release day. Additionally, they will be in stores on release day to purchase.
I mean there's just not the kind of demand as there is for a fruit phone.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is naturally an unknown, but there was significant demand (in the context of a surface) for the SP3 and SP4 and I got both of those on my door step on release day in the UK.