What's new

Power problems - Surface Pro 3 only runs when AC connected

Ferret

Hi

got a problem with my Surface Pro ... when plugged into AC battery reads 67% (not charging)

other battery apps also suggest that it is at 67% ..i.e. it is not a false reading

if i pull the ac lead out though the Pro 3 immediately shuts down and will not restart until the AC cable is attached again.

Any clues? Surface still under warranty so is this likely to be one that will need to be returned?

Thanks in advance

OP
F

Ferret

can never get the power/vol up combo to do anything (assuming that is what you mean)

oh well - best i contact support then and arrange for a return :(

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
can never get the power/vol up combo to do anything (assuming that is what you mean)

oh well - best i contact support then and arrange for a return :(
Make sure you remove any SD cards before shipping, wrap and pack it very well. Take pictures of the condition before shipping, and include a copy with it. Too many people are getting burned by "damage in shipment".

The box should not be just barely bigger than the device, in fact id go so far as to use the box in a box method. It should be flat in the box with packing around it on all sides.

DarbWallach

You must go for the testing of the battery charging section of your device. The problem may be due to the jack of your charger. sometimes it is there due to the control unit problem.

circuit assembly

Last edited: