What's new

power button shuts down

kuodachrome

Hi all,

Randomly, my SP4 will now shutdown when I press the power button. In the past, it would enter sleep mode. Any ideas?

Also, I used to press the power button + volume up buttons at the same time to login (alternative option is control + alt + delete) but it randomly changed to power button + volume down. What's happening?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Randomly, my SP4 will now shutdown when I press the power button. In the past, it would enter sleep mode. Any ideas?

Also, I used to press the power button + volume up buttons at the same time to login (alternative option is control + alt + delete) but it randomly changed to power button + volume down. What's happening?
Navigate here - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings

What are your settings?

upload_2017-3-26_13-55-59.png

OP
K

kuodachrome

Thanks Jeff! I'm not sure what to say, but as soon as I read your post, I tried the power button and it was fixed... before changing anything. Only thing I did in the mean time was shut down and turn it back on. I did check the settings and the power button is set to sleep for all options. Appreciate your help!