What's new

Potential New User: Surface Pro 2 8GB/256 or Surface Pro 3 4GB/128 ?

Alucardi

I must say 16:9 was the dumbest thing anyone ever did to a computer!

The real reason for it was the cost of manufacturing panels, that size fit better into the manufacturing process being used. It's the equivalent of putting two pegs sticking out 3 inches on each side of a tablet because it made the manufacturing process easier.

If anything id prefer 16:10 atleast.

OP
J

Johnny365

Too bad my local Best Buy doesn't have the Surface Pro 2 on display so I can compare it to the Pro 3 (haven't gone and checked yet, but I doubt it).

OP
J

Johnny365

So after much MUCH back and forth between Surface Pro 2, Surface Pro 3, and Surface 3 (yes, I even contemplated that one!)....

I went with....

Surface Pro 3! 128GB/4GB RAM i5 model. I had a huge chunk of Amazon gift cards which brought the final price down to under $400. Condition worries me, as are the included bits since the notes were pretty sparse, but I'll take a gamble and see what happens. I mean there is still Microsoft warranty left if there ever is a hardware issue, right? Are the serial numbers locked to the previous owner or does it just matter who has the device in-hand now?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats, @Johnny365. You used much care and patience in making your decision. No doubt, much money, too, in these days of very competitive generic and mass portable device selections.

But I think you be very happy with a new Surface Pro 3.

OP
J

Johnny365

Me too. I knew I wanted a windows device, and didn't want another laptop or a convertible (already have a Dell 2-in-1 that I will be selling off). The convertible was nice, but I wanted something more portable and better construction.