What's new

Possible pen/OneNote function problem

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There are many threads on this topic :) I use Defender for personal machines and System Center Endpoint Protection Professionally.

People here have had luck with nod32, AVG, Avast, Kaspersky (though it blocks adding the Hyper-V function apparently), Bitdefender.

Symantec and McAfee Enterprise SKUs should be updated to support these systems they are just being slow. I haven't used Trend Micro since the XP days....

If you make the Desktop Version the default does it show the same behavior?

OP
nipponham

nipponham

I use Kaspersky myself but work requires me to use Trend Micro.

Well, I set the desktop version of OneNote as default and although the screenshot function works about 3/5 times, when it does work, the image gets saved immediately! (The other two times when it doesn't work, OneNote just launches as if the button was pressed just once.)

What do you think? Does this mean there's something buggy with OneNote MUI?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
At least your version of it ;) Uninstall it run disk clean up including System Files and re-install...

OP
nipponham

nipponham

Sorry for the delay in getting back. It took over an hour to run a disk clean. (Is that normal?!) Anyway, nothing has changed; OneNote MUI still takes half a minute to save images to a page while the desktop version does it instantly. And they both have a failure rate of about 20%, i.e. double clicking the pen does not capture an image of the screen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay in getting back. It took over an hour to run a disk clean. (Is that normal?!) Anyway, nothing has changed; OneNote MUI still takes half a minute to save images to a page while the desktop version does it instantly. And they both have a failure rate of about 20%, i.e. double clicking the pen does not capture an image of the screen.
Odd....I just put my SP3 back to using OneNote MUI as default and screen clipping inserts are almost instantaneous ....

OP
nipponham

nipponham

Odd is right. Too many minor bugs to be completely satisfied. Each on their own is not a big deal, but when they're aggregated, it makes you wish for I-won't-mention-a-name's level of QC.

Now my pen is not launching OneNote from sleep...:(