What's new

Please for guide how to use surface pro without a keyboard

Artur

I wish to use this device without a keyboard.

However, when detach keyboard, every time crappy microsoft virtual keyboard pop up.
I hate it. its not transparent, i dont see what i type!

Its unacceptable. Plus, i cant move it around or scale it.

I have installed third party keyboard, but its not good neither. Any recomendations?

With third party keyboard my issue is, that microsoft keyboard still pops up, and third party keyboard pops uop even when physical keyboard attached

DO you see now what i mean? I cant get along with this device...

Please, tell me, how do u use it. Someone more experienced, whon went though all of this already.

Excuse me my chaotic post, i am very annoyed by using this device, im loosing my mind.

ScottyS

Try Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard to toggle on screen keyboard to come up or not.
Also Windows Logo Key+Ctrl+O will turn it on or off.

Also in Settings/Devices/Typing/Touch keyboard you can turn off Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached.

Turbo4AWD

I wish to use this device without a keyboard.

However, when detach keyboard, every time crappy microsoft virtual keyboard pop up.
I hate it. its not transparent, i dont see what i type!

Its unacceptable. Plus, i cant move it around or scale it.

I have installed third party keyboard, but its not good neither. Any recomendations?

With third party keyboard my issue is, that microsoft keyboard still pops up, and third party keyboard pops uop even when physical keyboard attached

DO you see now what i mean? I cant get along with this device...

Please, tell me, how do u use it. Someone more experienced, whon went though all of this already.

Excuse me my chaotic post, i am very annoyed by using this device, im loosing my mind.

I remember my Surface Pro 6 exhibiting the behavior where the on screen keyboard came up even though the physical keyboard cover was attached to the bottom of my Surface Pro 6. It seems like you need to install some firmware updates and possibly some OS updates as well.

For starters, what version of Windows 10 are you running? Home or Pro? Also, is it 1809, 1903, or 1909? Also, which BIOS version do you have installed on your Surface Pro 6. I want to say that when I updated the BIOS 2 years ago, it resolved the keyboard issue for me.

Personally, I love the Virtual Keyboard. Mostly because I use my Surface Pro 6 more as a tablet than a laptop. I find that splitting the keyboard and typing with my thumbs is perfect and works very well for me whenever I need to type a couple of things. If I really need to type A LOT of stuff, THEN I attach the physical keyboard, but almost immediately when I am done typing what I had to type, I pull the keyboard off and resume tablet style use.

Hopefully we can figure this out for you.