What's new

Pen or finger selection difficutlies in desktop apps

bluegrass

I have a SP2 and am referring to desktop applications. Has anyone found a good way to grab edges of a windows to drag it to resize it. I have a great deal of difficulty either way I try. If I use the pen and get close to an edge, the double arrow comes up but it's quite difficult to actually grab the edge or corner to manipulate the size. On screens that are divided by a bar to separate the window such as a menu on the left, I find it almost impossible to grab and slide the separator bar over to size the windows. I thought perhaps some of you have found a trick to make these tasks a bit easier. Maybe there is a way to make the double arrow bigger or somehow easier to manipulate. Some apps, you can do the two finger spread and enlarge to help but in a lot of apps such as Window Explorer, doesn't allow the two finger stretch.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This where the Mouse comes in handy, the Stylus with practice is capable to do the job but on a very high DPI Screen it becomes much more of a challenge.

OP
B

bluegrass

This where the Mouse comes in handy, the Stylus with practice is capable to do the job but on a very high DPI Screen it becomes much more of a challenge.

Good idea. I like to move forward in technology but in this case I may need to stick with using a mouse for desktop apps. I'll try that. Just means not quite as portable on the road. But I guess that's why I bought the Bluetooth Wedge. Thanks