What's new

Pen inaccurate at center

Mini

Hi guys,

my pen is inaccurate at the center of display. Its about 1.5 mm beneath the actual tip of the pen.
I have applied various calibrations. The tip of the pen is nearly perfect at bottom half of the display.
Does anyone of you have the same problem?

GoodBytes

Hi guys,

my pen is inaccurate at the center of display. Its about 1.5 mm beneath the actual tip of the pen.
I have applied various calibrations. The tip of the pen is nearly perfect at bottom half of the display.
Does anyone of you have the same problem?

The pen pouter will vary a few millimeters up or down, left or right, depending on where you are. This is a limitation of the Wacom digitizer pen on screen. If you get a ruler and draw a line, that line won't be straight, by a bit wavy, us what I am saying.

Calibrating the pen will help in the tracking and the pen to screen positioning, but especially for the fact that we are not a machine and that every point you try to hit at the pen calibration will have a minute offset, will results in not be able to get perfect lines and tracking either.

Did you try Surface Tweak Tool pen calibration?

OP
M

Mini

I tried every kind of calibration, form the standard Microsoft calibration to the Surface tweak tool and the wacom calibration. In every case the curser was 1 to 2 mm beneath the actual tip of the pen. I know the limitations of the wacom technology, but 1 to 2 mm displacement of the cursor in the upper centre of the screen is really annoying.

OP
M

Mini

I have 3 different pens which all show the same result. I guess some "wacom" sensors in the middle of the screen are faulty which cause the problem.