What's new

pen does not write but opens OneNote

surface_daddy

as described above, I can open OneNote by clicking on the pen but I can not write, like the pen is not working.

is maybe the battery empty? does anyone has the same problem?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the tip of the pen first and put back in, if that doesn't work replace the AAAA Battery

OP
S

surface_daddy

i removed the top of pen and put in back, nothing changed. i will buy a new battery tomorrow and try it. but the battery led is not blinking (so it should be full).

KBoss

i removed the top of pen and put in back, nothing changed. i will buy a new battery tomorrow and try it. but the battery led is not blinking (so it should be full).
try just taking the battery out and putting it back in. Also try a restart of the computer.

eholbik

I have same problem. About 1.5 month ago-- when it first happened-- all I had to do was open the pen--remove the battery put it back in-- and it reconnected.

About 2-3 weeks ago-- the problem happened again-- and I have not been able to get it to work. It pairs and the buttons work... but the pen does not write. I replaced 2 batteries-- same problem. I have tried everything.
I am overseas so I can't exchange the pen.

I connected a Surface 3 pen with no issue and have been using that in the meantime.....

This along with the Surface Dock has been my biggest frustration... otherwise the Surface 4 is great..

Sent from mTalk