What's new

btreece

As a new Surface buyer (Surface Pro 4 -- i5 8G 256 lot#1541), I cannot believe how long it has been for veterans of both this website & the Microsoft Community website, to share, ask & wait for a Pen Customization solution from Microsoft. :mad: Ever since the pen came about with the Surface Pro 3, many users and business sectors (mostly digital artists) have called for Pen Customization -- with no response from Microsoft. :mad:

Technical businesses do not wait around for an opportunity and so there are third party solutions for pen customization, without ANY having a polished plug & play interface...

1) AutoHotKey
2) Event Ghost
3) GlovePIE
4) Joy2Key
5) SwitchBlade
etc., Etc., ETC... (let me know if there are more or better ones!!)

It takes the user time and technical skill to create "macros" using these third party scripting language solutions. :mad: There are various YouTube videos showing step-by-step how to program the customization solution using these third party scripting languages. :D In these videos, there are always one or two steps in this process where you have to take a leap of faith that the technical skill of the person creating the video is showing you to do what you want in the way that you want it. :eek: But I guess beggars can't be choosers! :)

For instance,
when in desktop mode or tablet mode, without any windows active, pressing the top eraser button to open OneNote 2013/2016 desktop NOT ONENOTE APP is a popular request.:rolleyes:

OR

When in PowerPoint, pressing the top eraser button advances the slide.:rolleyes:

These are just basic requests which Microsoft has ignored. :mad: I am sure that there are MANY others, especially from digital artists. :cool:

The Question : :confused:
Which scripting tool is the easiest to formulate macros and has the most amount of support for beginners?

Thanks! :D

CrippsCorner

lavzt.jpg

OP
btreece

btreece

This issue is now closed due to the latest Surface app update. Pen customization is now possible within Windows 10!

Merry Christmas!