What's new

Pandora in background for pro 3

got_tricked

Hello guys,

Does anyone know how to get pandora playing in the background with the screen off. I want it to save some battery while at work. I don't need it to sleep, but just have the display off. I downloaded this app called touch gestures and it allows you to turn off the display only, but even when i turn off the display only the music actually stops. I've actually used the touch gesture app for the surface pro 2 and it actually turns off the display and plays pandora at the same time. I don't know what changes they did for the surface pro 3 but its pretty annoying. Wouldn't they figure people are going to stream music with this thing? Anyone have any solutions? I dont want the pro 3 to be on constantly at work draining my battery.

beepFTW

This is as best as its going to get. Monoff by Gizmoware

This program just shuts the monitor off, so it doesn't sleep. It's what I use when listening to music on my SP1!
Protip: I added it to my quicklaunch bar next to the touch keyboard shortcut for easy access.

jedge

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/metroradio/c9adc866-cadc-4a75-8a4b-0db101551ef7
"Description: MetroRadio is a 3rd Party Application for the popular music streaming service Pandora on the Windows Phone and Windows 8 platforms.
Features
Browsing and listening to stations
Adding stations
Using your Pandora account
Semantic Zoom
Music Rating"

4/5 stars

Install MetroRadio. It syncs with your Pandora account and since it's a Metro app it will run even in "Standby Connected" mode... i.e. with the screen off.
Sometimes it shows ads on the screen :(.