What's new

Over sentitive pen on new surface

alycosta00

Hi,

My pen (second generation) works fine on my new surface for a while and then suddenly becomes over sensitive, inking large bits even if I am not touching the screen. Has anyone heard of this ? (screenshot attached).

Cheers,

Alysson

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 530

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This may be due to RF interference. Does it do the same thing at a completely different venue, such as away from home, etc.?

OP
A

alycosta00

This may be due to RF interference. Does it do the same thing at a completely different venue, such as away from home, etc.?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, it does happen at multiple locations. Following your message, I even removed my watch to see if it was the problem and it isn't.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a friend with a Surface? Perhaps you could borrow their pen for two minutes to test.

Cuchulainn

Perhaps also delete the drivers and re-pair it? I had an issue with mine on initial setup, that doing so seems to have resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
A

alycosta00

Do you have a friend with a Surface? Perhaps you could borrow their pen for two minutes to test.

Yes. I have two surfaces and two pens (one personal, one work). Both pens work fine on my personal one but not on my work one. I have called support. I will update on what they say.

OP
A

alycosta00

Perhaps also delete the drivers and re-pair it? I had an issue with mine on initial setup, that doing so seems to have resolved.

This does sound like a good idea. I have called support. They will probably do a full reinstall of everything. I will post conclusions here. Thanks!

Cuchulainn

wrong thread.

Edit: Sorry for my odd post. Bad multi-tasking. Let us know what you find out from the support call. Mine seems to be working OK since I deleted and re-paired mine.

OP
A

alycosta00

Did you company use the stock OS Image or did they put their corporate image on it?

It happened on a corporate image. Then, they replaced the surface and I asked not to have the corporate image anymore...

It worked perfectly for one week and a couple of days ago the problem returned. I just made a video:

Thanks for your help,

A