What's new

Outlook Magnification

pondcreekfarm

I just got Outlook up and running, but cannot use the pinch gestures to make the entire screen bigger. Is this something that is or is not available on the surfacebook while running outlook? Thank you for any help you can lend.

fonzman78

I just got Outlook up and running, but cannot use the pinch gestures to make the entire screen bigger. Is this something that is or is not available on the surfacebook while running outlook? Thank you for any help you can lend.

I can use the pinch gesture to make the message text area bigger and easier to read. Pinch easily zooms in/out. Not sure if this is what you mean vs pinching the entire Outlook screen.

OP
P

pondcreekfarm

Yes, I got it to do that too. I was more wanting the entire screen to get bigger including the menus, list of emails and such down the side. I am guessing, it just will not do that.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... the entire screen to get bigger including the menus, list of emails and such down the side. I am guessing, it just will not do that.

Correct. This is a common complaint regarding all of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.)

Until around 2010, Windows screens were getting ever larger. But now with smaller screens, portables, Tablets, and remote viewing (VNC), there is a need to increase the size of menu items and widgets with respect to the size of the screen.

Microsoft is reportedly working on a common option with the Microsoft Office suite.