What's new

Outlook email account shutting down

tkburnz

A friend of mine has a Surface Pro 6. He has two email accounts set up in Outlook. One account, his comcast.net email account, shuts down within 10 seconds repeatedly. His other email account works fine. He even went through the detailed set up for a comcast email account as recommended by Comcast. I can't find any fix out there and thought I'd tap into the forums to see if anyone had any insights into this.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Ask your friend to test the account on Outlook.com from his SP6. This way, he would be using a web browser and the account in the "cloud" rather than his local Outlook database. Try sending and receiving emails. The idea is to isolate the source of the problem, of course.

If that works okay, then anti-virus software may be the culprit, alerting to the comcast.net domain.

Let us know about progress, and we will keep at finding a solution.

OP
T

tkburnz

Ask your friend to test the account on Outlook.com from his SP6. This way, he would be using a web browser and the account in the "cloud" rather than his local Outlook database. Try sending and receiving emails. The idea is to isolate the source of the problem, of course.

If that works okay, then anti-virus software may be the culprit, alerting to the comcast.net domain.

Let us know about progress, and we will keep at finding a solution.
Thanks very much for the advise! We'll give it a try and let you know how we come out..