What's new

Solved OneNote Pen Issues

OLiVAD

I'm having issues writing in notebooks within OneNote with the Surface Pen. The surface pen works perfectly fine in all other applications including paint, but wont write in any of the notebooks I have saved. I have recently upgraded from my surface pro 2 to the surface pro 3 and I synced all of my notebooks from my surface pro 2 to OneDrive and they have now populated on my surface pro 3. So I'm wondering if it has something to do with the notebooks not being able to be edited due to the sync from OneDrive. Any help on this issue would be fantastic.

OP
O

OLiVAD

it is the Desktop version of OneNote, it shows the pen tools and allows me to change pen thickness, color, etc.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
it is the Desktop version of OneNote, it shows the pen tools and allows me to change pen thickness, color, etc.
But won't write? Did you do a custom install of Office and not install the Pen Tools? I would at least attempt a Repair of your Office Install.

OP
O

OLiVAD

But won't write? Did you do a custom install of Office and not install the Pen Tools? I would at least attempt a Repair of your Office Install.
Nope, I literally just installed office 2013 Professional and signed in with my windows live ID. It then began to sync all my notebooks but wouldn't let me write in them. I'm able to type my notes within the notebooks, however I'm just not able to use the pen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I take it the pen works elsewhere?
upload_2014-10-20_10-15-11.png

OP - If you create on New Notebook does the pen work? Do you have any pending updates...

OP
O

OLiVAD

View attachment 4152

OP - If you create on New Notebook does the pen work? Do you have any pending updates...
This issue is fixed! I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it because repairing it did nothing. After I reinstalled it the notebooks came up fine with no error message like the last time, and the pen is now functional. Thanks for all the help though.