What's new

Onenote metro

Edo0003

Hello,

I use onenote for school and taking notes using the surface pen. Ever since I updated the onenote metro app (to have the ability to take a screenshot) it has been crashing. It occurs at random times. I would be in the middle of writing a sentence and the app would freeze and close out. Has anybody experienced this before? Anybody know a solution? It's frustrating to take notes when you expect the app to close out at unexpected times.

Thanks!

cemian

Yea same here it closes out sometimes writing notes but every time i go back in the last sentence was saved but not the last word i was writing...i just rewrite it and go on...no big deal

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This symptom is typical of a corrupted document cache, after you Uninstall OneNote, run disk clean up including system files and reboot prior to reinstalling OneNote.

OP
E

Edo0003

This symptom is typical of a corrupted document cache, after you Uninstall OneNote, run disk clean up including system files and reboot prior to reinstalling OneNote.
Where you having the same issues with one note? If so, Did this work?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on how much it is cleaning it can take 30 minutes as it cleaning it in theory with out corrupting the file system...