What's new

OneNote issue with Windows 10

Kriegerisch

I've been running across a disappearing ink issue with OneNote 2014 and 2016 preview on my SP3 when running the latest Win 10. I've had to go back to 8.1 as OneNote is unworkable until it is fixed (using the pen a lot).

Anyone else with the issue? Or a work around?

See link of feedback about this from microsoft:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...cacfa31e019?page=8&tm=1437124830297#LastReply
I have the same issues. I'm seriously thinking about going back to Win 8.1

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
OneNote update just hit the store.
Mail and Calendar also.

Screenshot (146).png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I believe OneNote now handles launching with the pen, drawng, and screenshots faster than with the best performance of Windows 8.1.

Screenshot (148).png

Screenshot (150).png

Screenshot (149).png

Screenshot (151).png

OP
G

gjblack71

Am interest in anyone using the desktop client for onenote can confirm the disappearing ink issue has been squashed. I've read on the microsoft forums that turning the touch hold for right click off and/or switching to left handed mode is a work around.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... What about the top button on the pen, is that working again?

The top button works fine, yes.
Remember, the top button is a completely different device than the pen tip. The pen tip works with an active electrical field. The pen button is a separate Bluetooth device. Your pen button problem, @Tsurugaya, was likely your OneNote installation, or the pen battery.

Tsurugaya

Battery is fine, just can't get OneNote (desktop) to appear when pushing the top button. Might doing wrong though. Seems kind of obvious, buy I might be missing something.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Battery is fine, just can't get OneNote (desktop) to appear when pushing the top button. Might doing wrong though. Seems kind of obvious, buy I might be missing something.
Desktop doesn't work using OneNote 2016...I'm not using 2013 so not sure about it....

Kris

Tried using an app called autohotkey last night and got the top button to open Onenote 2016 a couple times. I reset it and it went right back to the MUI app. Apparently the top key is like pressing F20 and double clicking is like pressing F19. I couldn't find anyway in the registry to change what those keys open, autohotkey was as close as I got.

dleuen

According to the thread above there was a patch to Office released on Aug 11 for this issue. I did get it installed through OneNote (did not show up in Windows Update). Will have to see if it fixes the issue.