What's new

Solved Onenote emailing issue

biggj

I need to email documents that i wrote in onenote. When I click the share button it has only 2 options. A onenote icon and a mail icon. It seems to be the default email application. I dont have any emails setup thru the default application. I have all my emails set up in outlook. Is there anyway to make outlook the default mail application for onenote? Or is there something else that needs to be done.

Thanks
Jeremy

leeshor

Welcome to the forum Jeremy

So, you are on 8.1? Just checking since you don't say in your post and it's in the non Windows 10 section.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You would need to Export the Note from the desktop version if you want to email from Outlook, or you can setup the Mail App for Sharing.

OP
B

biggj

You would need to Export the Note from the desktop version if you want to email from Outlook, or you can setup the Mail App for Sharing.
OK I set the app up and now able to email it but it does not show the drawing. Says the image was deleted. Weird. It there any other app to get instead of using one note? My whole goal in buying this surface was to go to a jobsite, make notes and sketches then email them (preferably in pdf) to clients or my office. Any suggestions?