What's new

OneNote 2013 issues

tony8154

Here are some issues that I am currently having and was wondering if anyone has a good solution.

1. OneNote lag

This happens when I'm taking notes on the OneNote 2013 desktop version. Usually when I take notes I have a PDF open via Drawboard, and on the other side of the split screen I have OneNote 2013 open. There's two types of lag issues that I'm suffering from.

A. Pen input. I have to hover for a few second for the cursor to appear before I can start writing. If I just start writing without the cursor appearing, sometimes the letters will follow abruptly, but other times it would just pick up from where I currently am.

B. Scrolling. When taking notes I have to zoom in and out and scroll up and down to see my notes. There's almost always a split second lag when scrolling and major frame drop.

- both also happen when only OneNote 2013 is open and everything else is closed. It even happens with a fresh reboot

2. not syncing with MUI version and slow syncing
I have OneNote 2013 set to auto sync. When I manually sync it, the process seems to take forever and I haven't to this day seen it say complete. I did however check my notes from my iPhone's OneNote app, and all the information seems to be there. It's OneNote MUI that's not syncing. The stuff there is from weeks ago still not updated.

3. pen point is off.
When writing on OneNote 2013 with the pen, the cursor point and the actual inking seems to be slightly off. The cursor shown seems to be slightly higher on the screen and the ink shows up a bit lower than the contact point. It's as if I'm writing within the lines of a page, but my letters keep heading downwards and either crosses the lines or my writing becomes really small and ugly.

4. text jumping
This one is by far the most annoying glitch of all. After writing maybe a paragraph, the entire paragraph jumps up the page and overlaps with the paragraph above. Sometimes if I frantically hit the undo button it would go back to its original position but sometimes it won't, making me have to rewrite two paragraphs.

Some background info:
1. the battery is new
2. the tip has been replaced to a new one and there is barely any wear on the current one.
3. it shouldn't be a faulty tip issue because all of these happened with the first tip as well.

Thanks! Hope you all have some good advice!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What video driver are you using? Have you applied all updates to the device including Firmware and Office Updates?

OP
T

tony8154

What video driver are you using? Have you applied all updates to the device including Firmware and Office Updates?
how do I check which video driver I am using? I do have windows update set to auto update.

I just went into properties and checked the Intel driver and says it's this one:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
how do I check which video driver I am using? I do have windows update set to auto update.

I just went into properties and checked the Intel driver and says it's this one:
That is the latest driver, do you know if you are using Office 365 or Office 2013? I ask because updates are handled differently.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OK, open up OneNote, click on the File Tab....Accounts....Update Options and select Update Now and make sure everything is updated.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Are you running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 TP? Some of what you are describing sounds like the GDI Leak in build 9879...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried disabling the Firewall and Web Filter (it uses a proxy to filter web requests) parts of AVG and see if it improves syncing. Another test is to disable it for a bit and see what happens.