What's new

One Drive Syncing

CaptainTime

New Surface Pro 3 user here and I really love this unit.

But when I connected my Microsoft account to it, it started to download ALL my files, pictures, etc. in One Drive. I have too much in One Drive to fit on the 128GB that the tablet has.

Is there a way to choose which folders are synced? DropBox let me do a selective sync so I was able to control this but I can't find a way to do this in One Drive.

Thanks

OP
CaptainTime

CaptainTime

I did find that option - thank you. Would be nice to control it a little better though. I hear that might be a possibility in future according to the Microsoft team.

Liam2349

I did find that option - thank you. Would be nice to control it a little better though. I hear that might be a possibility in future according to the Microsoft team.

In the current Win 10 preview, only the files you have stored locally are visible in File Explorer. If you want anything else, you have to visit the website.

I personally find this to be an inconvenience, but it will be easier for most to understand. I'm hopeful they will let the user decide how their files are displayed.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the current Win 10 preview, only the files you have stored locally are visible in File Explorer. If you want anything else, you have to visit the website.

I personally find this to be an inconvenience, but it will be easier for most to understand. I'm hopeful they will let the user decide how their files are displayed.
They could add a status column or change the color of offline files ... there's a number of good options... checkbox to show or hide offline files. just off the top of my head. :)