What's new

On Screen Keyboard - Disaster?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Modification

Turn on touch feedback to isolate whether your touch is even being sensed by Windows 10.

Screenshot (138).png

OP
M

Modification

Screenshot (4).png
I dont have those Touch feedback settings for some reason.

On a side note, how are you drawing on screen shots? When I try to edit in the Photos app, there is no option for that.
Unless you are not taking a screen shot and you're, instead, using the double click feature on the pen to send to OneNote.
In that case, I would also like to report that my OneNote does not come up when I tap my pen. So I am curious as to how you got a hold of that picture if you're having the same problem.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I think your install is the culprit.

And I use Paint to quickly mark up screen shots. Yes - good old Paint (still the Windows 7 version in Windows 10).

OP
M

Modification

but if there was a problem with the install, shouldnt this be a consistent issue? In other words, it shouldn't be working at all but it works some days and other days, it doesn't. Seems strange to me how a problem can be inconsistent.

leeshor

No 2 Surface devices are configured exactly the same. My guess is that you had issues with the Windows 8.1 that weren't obvious but came to the surface during the upgrade. You can roll back to 8.1 and try upgrading again.

OP
M

Modification

I will wait to see if anyone else has a different solution. I don't even know if I could rollback to 8.1 since I deleted my old OS to save space. Thanks for the timely response guys.