What's new

Often several tiles look exactly the same :-(

Duncan123

Good day all,

I use my SurfaceGo in tablet mode and often create shortcut / tiles and place those on the tabletmode "desktop" (right name for tablet mode?).

But when making more than one small tile for the same domain the all use the same logo and color and therefore there is no way to tell which is which.

I tries using some app from the MS store to get more tile option, but they all seem abandonware / very old / incomplete hobby projects.

So let me ask you guys and girls how you personalize your tiles either using Win10 or a free/commercial app.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Duncan

Wevenhuis

I know exactly what you mean. Can be frustrating. Unfortunately Microsoft has been slow lately at further improving and refining the live tile experience. Your experience is valuable though. My advice to provide Microsoft feedback on this matter via the feedback app. As I see it the problem is that too much control of the live tile personalization has ben put at the discretion of the developer, rather than the end user. Personalization should be the other way around.

Because of this I hardly use the small live tiles. For me the normal, wide and large tiles have more value and ease-of-use in every day use. The larger tiles show more info at a glance which makes discerning different tile content better. Even better would be that microsoft could provide more live tile sizes, but that's a whole different story.

OP
D

Duncan123

I think they should allow people to edit tiles with things like:
- Color
- Text
- Et cetera

> My advice to provide Microsoft feedback
> on this matter via the feedback app

I am sure a professional company like MS has software crawling the web and finding common issues / remarks about their product.

OP
D

Duncan123

No can not. Sorry.

Snippingtool and SnipSketch can not be used to take a screenshot of the tablet desktop.

Duncan

Plantje

The PrtScn key can :)
Anyway.... I will do it as soon as I see what I suspect you are seeing as well.

OP
D

Duncan123

As far as I know there is no Printscreen button available on the SurfaceGo.

jhffhk.jpg

OP
D

Duncan123

Just took a photo from the screen.

The set of tiles in the circles link to different pages, but the tiles look exactly the same.

IMG-20190224-110232.jpg

Plantje

I mentioned I would get back with the issue I am seeing every now and then. I think it is a different issue, so after this I will no longer hijack your topic and create my own. :)

Every now and then, this is what my start screen looks like:
2019-02-28.png