What's new

Official I ordered a Surface Book

Nuspieds

I went all out and ordered the 512GB version with 16GB of RAM.

The 512GB is overkill for me, actually, but I wanted the 16GB. It was disappointing not to see the 256GB version also available with 16GB of RAM.

MrRedHat

I pre-ordered a Surface Book 10/07/2015. I7, 16GB, 512GB. No MS Care or Dock.

I am wondering if I should have gotten the Surface Pro 4, since the Surface Book has three hour battery life in tablet mode. I did want it for hand written notes in classes too, some of those five hour classes can get long. :)

MrRedHat

The $250 for two years seemed pretty high. I only have to hope that I don’t have hardware failure within the second year.

I’m not too worried about accidental. I’m the type of person that went four years with an iPhone 4 with no screen protector or case and it was still in mint condition when I bought my iPhone 6 Plus.

MrRedHat

Being out in the field is a bit different. The only time my stuff goes outside is when I’m outside in the summer drinking a beer. All I need to do is make sure I don’t spill my beer on it. :)

CrippsCorner

My kind of person @MrRedHat :D had my Surface for 2.5 years now and it's still as mint as the day I got it.

Had iPhone's for 5 years and just the other day cracked my first ever one :( oh well.

unruledboy

I went all out and ordered the 512GB version with 16GB of RAM.

The 512GB is overkill for me, actually, but I wanted the 16GB. It was disappointing not to see the 256GB version also available with 16GB of RAM.

same here, too disappointed there is no 256G+16G

snowboarder

512GB/i7/dGPU/16GB for me too. Wanted to add MS care to my original order and MS store
had me cancel and reorder. Quite a messy experience there. At least I did it before it sold out today...

I ordered the 512 gb 16 i7 dgpu on the 8th. Now I'm watching the order site daily to see if it ships ha ha. Would be great to have a computer that can also be a laptop and have no problem running visual studio for on the go work.