What's new

OFFICIAL I Now Have a Surface Pro 3 i7

Sassi

I got my i7 256 pro 3 a few days ago and love it :)
My only real issues are
1. The dreaded yellow haze down the left side of the screen. I didn't notice it until I saw s thread here :(
2. My windows home button doesn't always wake up my device. Sometimes it won't even vibrate. But once awake it seems fine.
3. On my dual band router the 2.4ghz connection often becomes limited after sleep.

I still love it though lol.

mtalinm

for the first time I can say I'm a happy i7 owner. so glad I did not panic and trade it in for an i5.

yesterday's firmware update seems to have solved the overheating / runaway fan issues.

now the question is, do I trade in my 256 for a 512?

CFCSupporter

Got my SP3 i5 128gb for a couple of days and LOVE it! I wouldn't trade it for anything. It does everything I need it for and the flexibility is unbelievable. Waiting for the docking station to arrive in Switzerland and then I have a tablet/notebook/desktop device which suits to all my needs. Luckily, I didn't have any issues until now.

Got the cover from stickerboy.net and the incipo-cover. pleased with everything. Now I have to get used to Windows 8.1. Until now I'm handling it quite well.

This device is giving me a smile every single day! :)

JoshB

On my desk sits a Surface Pro 3 256GB i7 :D

I am looking forward to playing with it tonight, "it" as in the Surface Pro 3.

Stephan

I just bought a sp3 i7 but i see on the box that it is batch 1429... i heard that this batch had problems.. should i return it immeditatly before opening it and ask for another batch model ?

joga

I just bought a sp3 i7 but i see on the box that it is batch 1429... i heard that this batch had problems.. should i return it immeditatly before opening it and ask for another batch model ?

I have an i7 lot 1429 which runs without any issues. Try your SP3 and enjoy it. If you have a faulty unit you can still replace it.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an i7 lot 1429 which runs without any issues. Try your SP3 and enjoy it. If you have a faulty unit you can still replace it.
Mine is batch 1429 too and mine has been great so far 2 weeks since I got it.. love it.

David_Ro

Just got my i7 256 Gb last week and have been using it as my standalone work computer since. For some background I am a PhD engineering student at a large research university and am using it for exclusively. I have Matlab, Finite Element software, ESRI ArcGIS and several other similar software packages installed and in use. Absolutely zero problems with any of them. I am very impressed with this device and am finding that not only is it consistently 30-40% faster than my previous desktop (a workstation that was state-of-the-art 4-5 years ago with some minor upgrades since), but I also get an excellent writing experience and OneNote integration. I'll be using it with OneNote to teach a couple classes in the next couple weeks and looking forward to trying it out there as well.
There were very minimal heating issues when I first got it and synced up my Dropbox account, but that's really been the only time I've even noticed the fan come on. Was using it today with a couple instances of Microsoft Word open, Matlab in use, Outlook, IE and a Remote Desktop portal open with no issues whatsoever. Felt like I was taking a bit of a risk with it initially but couldn't be happier now. Perfect for my needs.

Sonnyboy

Received my i7/256 GB last week. It's a nice machine for sure. Still getting used to it and figuring how to fit it into my workflow. My biggest challenge so far is transitioning to inking in OneNote from an unhealthy post-it habit.

The touch screen is very convenient to use. And I find the type cover to be very comfortable to type on. I can type pretty fast and accurate (for my abilities) with it. The trackpad is the limiting factor IMO.

mtalinm

well, i got 8 hours today. mostly in Word, a little bit of web browsing/outlook/skype. screen at 25%. maybe I'll keep it.