What's new

Office 2007

OP
Alex_SP3

Alex_SP3

All righty then! Not too much longer to wait.

How is Outlook 2016? Is it worth getting? I like the 2007 version.

OP
Alex_SP3

Alex_SP3

I am starting to lean towards getting the Personal subscription. 3 years subscribed at $69.99 per year would equal the price for the Home and Business suite ($219.99) which includes Outlook, and, the lower priced suites do not. (Clever, Microsoft. Very clever.)

Also, just buying the only parts that I am interested in (Excel, Word and Outlook) costs about $100 each.

I wonder if the subscription price will stay the same after the first year.

leeshor

I am starting to lean towards getting the Personal subscription. 3 years subscribed at $69.99 per year would equal the price for the Home and Business suite ($219.99) which includes Outlook, and, the lower priced suites do not. (Clever, Microsoft. Very clever.)

Also, just buying the only parts that I am interested in (Excel, Word and Outlook) costs about $100 each.

You have just figured out Microsoft's master plan.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

Its a good choice.... the price has remained that since it was introduced....

drbwell

I'm in the same place as Alex. I have Office 2007 and wanted to either keep 2007 or buy 2013 or Office 365. I just don't like the idea of shelling out $70 every year to use the program. It's just another way for Microsoft to cash-in on the public.

jrioux

I do not have an external DVD unit yet to install it. I would rather get input from here before I go thru installing it and run into all kinds of problems.
If you decide to use 2007 before buying 2016, you might be able to download the program from MS by using the license number on your disks. It should be no different than buying and downloading a new program.

BTW, old programs don't die and go away. I'm still using Office 2003 on my home computer. It works fine and I actually like parts of 2003 better than 2007 (on my office desktop) and 2013 (on my office SP3).

I've also tried LibreOffice on an old computer with Linux Mint. It's great for the price, though some things aren't totally compatible (e.g., highlighting text, footnotes and some aspects of tables). If you move documents between computers with MS Office, I would recommend against it.