What's new

Office 2007

Alex_SP3

I have done a search for this and did not come up with much, so, I will ask:

Anybody installed Office 2007 on an SP3?

I have the Office Professional 2007 installation CD that I bought for my Vista laptop and am thinking about installing it on my SP3.

Mainly want information regarding any installation problems. Also, any functionality problems.

I just want to use Excel, Word and Outlook. Not really interested in the rest.

If I can use the 2007 version, I would rather do that than spend the money for a current version.

TIA!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It will work, you will most likely need to install using Compatibility Mode, the biggest issue will be scaling. The UI will look fuzzy. Office 365 personal is only $70/year....

OP
Alex_SP3

Alex_SP3

Thanks for your response Jeff.

Fuzzy..... hmmm. Something to consider. Just wondering how fuzzy?

I do not want to rent software.

I do not have an external DVD unit yet to install it. I would rather get input from here before I go thru installing it and run into all kinds of problems.

leeshor

Get 2013 if you want to purchse it. If you get the license it's directly installable from the WEB.

leeshor

You could also opt for sumething like Open Office or Kingsoft. You will probably still run into a scaling issue but those are free.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your response Jeff.

Fuzzy..... hmmm. Something to consider. Just wondering how fuzzy?

I do not want to rent software.

I do not have an external DVD unit yet to install it. I would rather get input from here before I go thru installing it and run into all kinds of problems.
Fuzzy as you are looking at software rendered at a lower resolution than the monitor is intended to run, nothing looks crisp....

As far as renting software, you're doing that now technically...you pay for a license not for the software and the license can be revoked at End of Support or at any other time.

I will never go back to shrink wrapped software...

OP
Alex_SP3

Alex_SP3

Oh, I don't know. I guess I'll wait to see how the 2016 version looks.

I have this one spreadsheet that uses the SumIf calculation. Finally Numbers for iOS has the functionality and have been able to use it on my iPad. I really need a spreadsheet program that uses it - which is hard to find.

I was just reading reviews for Office 2013. They are very bad. So bad that I do not want to buy it or rent it. If worse comes to worse, I'll just keep using Numbers on my iPad for my spreadsheets.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I don't know. I guess I'll wait to see how the 2016 version looks.

I have this one spreadsheet that uses the SumIf calculation. Finally Numbers for iOS has the functionality and have been able to use it on my iPad. I really need a spreadsheet program that uses it - which is hard to find.

I was just reading reviews for Office 2013. They are very bad. So bad that I do not want to buy it or rent it. If worse comes to worse, I'll just keep using Numbers on my iPad for my spreadsheets.
I'm using Office 2016 Preview as part of my Office365 subscriptions and it rocks, I used Office 2013 since the earliest betas, it was the best version of Office I ever used prior to 2016. The beauty of Office365 is I'll get Office 2016 before its available as shrink-wrap....

BTW - SumIf is available in both Office 2013 and 2016...