What's new

Occasional times where DGPU turns off during programs.

Peeping Tom

So after 2 weeks of using the Surface Book, I noticed at times where when I was either playing an online game or using an video editing program, my taskbar would flicker on and off and then my DGPU would be not in use anymore and would require a restart to even open up the NVIDIA Control Panel and get the DGPU working again.

Are there currently any fixes for this, and is it a software or an hardware issue?

Screenshot (20).png

Cothek

I'd look in the event history to see if it's a driver crash or potentially a hardware problem.

Orlbuckeye

So after 2 weeks of using the Surface Book, I noticed at times where when I was either playing an online game or using an video editing program, my taskbar would flicker on and off and then my DGPU would be not in use anymore and would require a restart to even open up the NVIDIA Control Panel and get the DGPU working again.

Are there currently any fixes for this, and is it a software or an hardware issue?

View attachment 7820

I haven't had that issue and I sometimes use the NVIDIA as the default GP. The Proble with using the NVIDA as default is if you want to detach you have to close the programs using the NVIDIA because the DGP is located in the keyboard part on the SB.