What's new

Now part of the Duo family

bangsters

Hey guys. Just got the Duo. Took the plunge and forked the amount for the 256GB, got it from Best Buy.

Never been this excited on a device since my SBook2 that I ended up giving to wife as I have a company laptop.

First 2 hours so far..... I have no clue about all those bashing the device. I haven't had any issues so far. Some software glitches tea, but nothing major. My note9 also ran into issues as well. For the cpu, we'll I don't think the other guys are even able to utilize their 865.

With the Duo I can already see the benefits of 2 separate screens.

Loving this thing!

OP
B

bangsters

Congrats on the new purchase. I hope that you continue to enjoy it. Make sure to post some updates on how it is working.

Will do. Loving this more and more. Was never thrilled on a phone until Duo. I hade most Galaxy Notes, and they all were used/treated as regular phones.... this is on a whole different ballgame (so far).....

OP
B

bangsters

Some bugs on UX, like keyboard jsut flipping to left screen while typing... or keyboard mistyping while in landscape (cursor jumping)... but not a deal breaker.

Question.... I have already setup my duo, I can't use Google keyboard it doesn't work as good as the default....

And since I skipped restoring from android, is there a way to restore my pictures/apps from backup (google) without doing a reset? Edit.... Was able to restore pictures bysyncing my other google account lol....

What about apps? Anyway to restore them after I already configured the phone?

Last edited:
OP
B

bangsters

I don't get the bashing of the camera. I took some pics and they are pretty good. Even some from dimly light indoor room.

Look at that baby back ribs. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_141051.jpg
    IMG_20200926_141051.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 374
Some bugs on UX, like keyboard jsut flipping to left screen while typing... or keyboard mistyping while in landscape (cursor jumping)... but not a deal breaker.

Question.... I have already setup my duo, I can't use Google keyboard it doesn't work as good as the default....

And since I skipped restoring from android, is there a way to restore my pictures/apps from backup (google) without doing a reset? Edit.... Was able to restore pictures bysyncing my other google account lol....

What about apps? Anyway to restore them after I already configured the phone?

Hey - considering the Duo as well - looks like I've got until Oct 15th to get a good deal on my trade in (S8). Please let me know if OS updates fix the keyboard.

OP
B

bangsters

One big advantage of the screen is I can rdp to my laptop and it is workable. On a note 9 or note10, the screen dimension makes it cumbersome.

OP
B

bangsters

I have had my device for a little over a week now. I really am enjoying this. This is really catered to improving productivity, and multitasking.

My thoughts so far:

There are some quirks, as you need to get used to how some own works. I believe it is more on the device having two screens so some functions work differently from a conventional phone. Like moving apps from screen to screen, or switching to single screen. Once you get used to it, it makes it much easier to use.

My D-brand skin has arrived. The phone looks much sleeker now. Although it appears when opening the phone 360, it is not as flush due to the skin. I am not using the bumpers.

Battery lasts me all day, even if I am on it a lot. I don't do much gaming. I played two dots on the phone and no other game aside from that.

Performance, the phone is very capable. I have not had issues of the phone slowing down and I do leave a lot of the apps running in the background. The 855 is also more than capable as well as the 6gb ram. Mine is 256 storage and I have yet to put a dent on the storage.

One issue I have been having is the worship disconnecting. Although it appears the issue is the Google wifi in a mesh setup. When I got disconnected I tried connecting to optimum wifi and that worked, so it does not appear to be the phone.

Camera, I barely have issues on quality. With my note9 I took pictures, but not pro grade. Same with the Duo. Actually I love taking videos using the phone when I hit the gym, as I can easily position the phone. With my note 9 I had to reset it on some plates or stool. Or sometimes I end up just using the dji mobile gymbal. With the Duo I don't have those issues. And video quality is mostly good for Instagram. I did take an inspired video today what the whole video was a bit dark due to the dimly lit room. But most of the times it's good enough for what I need.

So far so good, I don't regret the 1600 price tag. Then again I also believe thus device is not for everyone. If all you do is high quality pics day in and day out, you might be better off with a note 20 or iPhone.