What's new

Now Available: Microsoft Band

cereal killer

microsoft-band.png
Microsoft has released their very first fitness band and it is quite the piece of tech. The band has a built-in GPS tracker to monitor your movements and a novel UV sensor so that you can keep track of your exposure to sunlight. Some other cool and useful features involve a skin temperature monitor and a heart rate sensor that use an optical sensor which are far more accurate than the audio sensors attached to many other bands.

Keep in mind the Microsoft Band is much more than just a fitness band. It incorporates a whole slew of features that you’d expect in a smartwatch and builds them right into the band. Features such as Twitter, Facebook, Calendar, Weather, and stock tracking are all integrated into this well built piece of tech.. Microsoft has taken the bold step of making the Band compatible with devices running Android 4.3 and 4.4, iPhones running iOS 7.1 and later, and of course Windows Phone 8.1 users. Users connecting it to a Windows 8.1 smartphone get the added bonus of Cortana integration. How do you like those apples (no pun intended)

The Microsoft Band retails for $199 and is currently only on offer in the US. To purchase the Microsoft Band please visit the Microsoft Store.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thought of wearing a device that's connected to the Internet while I'm sleeping is too creepy for me. http://www.informationweek.com/heal...cy-security-worries-loom-large/d/d-id/1316833
The device doesn't connect directly to the Internet. It connects via Bluetooth to a phone/tablet. The old Fitbit I have has to be within 3 feet/1 meter to connect. Bluetooth ranges: class 3 - 1 meter/3 feet, class 2 - 10 meters/33 feet. Knowing how well you sleep and how you feel can help a lot if your having trouble.