What's new

Notification Issues

Hi all! While I'm very impressed with the Windows 10 update (it feels like the SP3 was in mind throughout this entire design, specifically the continuum feature which is small but well thought out), I'm really bothered that notifications either just don't work sometimes and there doesn't seem to be a place where I can have more control over what's showing up in that space in the Action Center.

To be clear:

• Mail: I sometimes get notifications about new emails, sometimes not. When my computer is sleeping or off and it's woken up, it's as if it doesn't realize anything has happened on the internet. When it's awake and an email comes in, sometimes it triggers the notification.
  • Calendar: I think that the calendar notifications act like the email ones. If it's on and the notification is turned on for the event, it will show up maybe. If it's sleeping or off, the computer forgets to check when it wakes up.
  • Twitter: I always get TWO notifications for everything from the Twitter app.
  • Facebook: I have not once seen a Facebook notification in this area, though a lot of the demos I saw on earlier builds of this feature or even in promo materials show Facebook being involved.

Is the Action Center notifications feature something that most apps won't support yet until they roll out their fully Windows 10 ready updates? Surely I expected the Windows apps like Mail and Calendar to support them flawlessly, but that was asking a bit much maybe.

Any suggestions are welcome! Also any commiserating would be comforting.

kristalsoldier

Same problem. I would like to know this too!

Edit: Another thing: There appears to be a predefined list of apps that can show notifications - this is available at Settings>Notifications. How come only those apps are selected to show notifications? How can I add to or manage that list of apps?

OP
A

abraham the grey

Same problem. I would like to know this too!

Edit: Another thing: There appears to be a predefined list of apps that can show notifications - this is available at Settings>Notifications. How come only those apps are selected to show notifications? How can I add to or manage that list of apps?
Screenshot (3).png
These are the apps it lets me choose from, so same thing. It's a pretty full list, to be honest, but of course it's missing Facebook which would be cool--I think that's on their end.

Either way, Mail and Calendar don't function the way I would want them to. I just woke up my computer and had a new email. I wouldn't have known this other than opening the Mail app manually.

(but how pretty does Windows 10 look??)

kristalsoldier

View attachment 6545
These are the apps it lets me choose from, so same thing. It's a pretty full list, to be honest, but of course it's missing Facebook which would be cool--I think that's on their end.

Either way, Mail and Calendar don't function the way I would want them to. I just woke up my computer and had a new email. I wouldn't have known this other than opening the Mail app manually.

(but how pretty does Windows 10 look??)

Hey...how did you get Telegram to show up on that list?

kristalsoldier

Yeps...me too...but I wonder about this arbitrariness of adding items to the Notifications list!!! I wish it was a bit more structured!!!