What's new

No OneNote installed, not on the store either?

Vladimir

Hi,

How do you install OneNote on the Surface Hub?

According to Surface Hub apps it comes pre-installed, but it isn't.

Have applied all available Windows updates as well.

Have also noticed when trying to share from Whiteboard, cannot share it as a OneNote document (which is probably because OneNote isn't installed).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Whiteboard App is OneNote Hub edition - you are able to email the whiteboard session directly to yourself or even everyone invited to the meeting.

OP
V

Vladimir

When sharing a 'Whiteboard', the share as OneNote option is greyed out, and can only share via email which attaches the Whiteboard file as a .PNG.

I'm not sure how we can enable it so we can share as a OneNote file?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
When sharing a 'Whiteboard', the share as OneNote option is greyed out, and can only share via email which attaches the Whiteboard file as a .PNG.

I'm not sure how we can enable it so we can share as a OneNote file?
These are managed by Mobile Device Management - has your IT set any policies? When I email I get the .png and the .one file....

OP
V

Vladimir

Thanks for your reply.

Windows is using a local admin account and it is not enrolled into any MDM. We're thinking of enrolling it into AirWatch.

We could also add it to our Windows Server 2012 R2 domain if that would help.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your reply.

Windows is using a local admin account and it is not enrolled into any MDM. We're thinking of enrolling it into AirWatch.

We could also add it to our Windows Server 2012 R2 domain if that would help.
Yeah - you are not using it as designed that could be the cause of your issues. It is supposed to be provisioned and added as a Resource in Exchange and Skype for Business. These should be userless and used as an appliance.

OP
V

Vladimir

It's utilising a Office 365 Resource for Exchange and Skype for business. The Skype calling, meeting booking, etc.. all works fine.

When i say Local Admin, i'm referring to the Surface Hub's Windows 10 local user for administration, which is separate to the Office 365 user it uses for Skype and meetings etc..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It's utilising a Office 365 Resource for Exchange and Skype for business. The Skype calling, meeting booking, etc.. all works fine.

When i say Local Admin, i'm referring to the Surface Hub's Windows 10 local user for administration, which is separate to the Office 365 user it uses for Skype and meetings etc..
You should be able to just touch the screen and use the apps, is it fully updated to build 1703?