What's new

New to Surface and Forum

thesmithiz

Hi all, I am new to the Surface and the forum - Surface 2 and Type Cover 2. Was an iPhone, iPad & Mac user for years but still using PC based laptops for work. Was getting a little iTired and went with a Windows Phone about 4 months ago and real glad I did. From the WP I am giving the iPad to my son and MacBook Pro to my daughter and going to see how I get along with just the Surface 2, so far outside of the learning curve I am definitely liking the Surface 2.
Now I just need to explore the forum for tips on things like getting the Surface 2 to default to the SD card for music and pictures and other fun stuff. Any tips for a new to Surface person are welcome.....and yes it is registered.

oion

Hi all, I am new to the Surface and the forum - Surface 2 and Type Cover 2. Was an iPhone, iPad & Mac user for years but still using PC based laptops for work. Was getting a little iTired and went with a Windows Phone about 4 months ago and real glad I did. From the WP I am giving the iPad to my son and MacBook Pro to my daughter and going to see how I get along with just the Surface 2, so far outside of the learning curve I am definitely liking the Surface 2.
Now I just need to explore the forum for tips on things like getting the Surface 2 to default to the SD card for music and pictures and other fun stuff. Any tips for a new to Surface person are welcome.....and yes it is registered.

I keep hearing great things about Windows Phone, though I like my Android HTC One quite a lot. :p Maybe my next upgrade will be to whatever-MS-does-with-phone-platform.

Immediate tip for library/media/default storage on the microSD: http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-tip-use-micro-sd-libraries-and-metro-style-apps