What's new

New Surface Pro's different operating modes

augratin

I am looking at the specs online (see snapshot below) and it says the device goes into "laptop mode" when the kickstand is opened and keyboard attached. When the kickstand is closed and keyboard detached, apparently the device goes into tablet mode.

Are these hard and fast requirements for operating in laptop mode? Because I want to operate the device in laptop mode, but with the kickstand closed and keyboard detached (I'll use a wireless keyboard and mouse instead). That's how I'm currently using my Surface Pro 3. I'll be annoyed if the device refuses to get into laptop mode simply because the kickstand isn't opened or its preferred keyboard isn't attached.

413682383.jpg

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking at the specs online (see snapshot below) and it says the device goes into "laptop mode" when the kickstand is opened and keyboard attached. When the kickstand is closed and keyboard detached, apparently the device goes into tablet mode.

Are these hard and fast requirements for operating in laptop mode? Because I want to operate the device in laptop mode, but with the kickstand closed and keyboard detached (I'll use a wireless keyboard and mouse instead). That's how I'm currently using my Surface Pro 3. I'll be annoyed if the device refuses to get into laptop mode simply because the kickstand isn't opened or its preferred keyboard isn't attached.

413682383.jpg
Its all configurable and work just like your SP3...its Windows 10 and fully customizable to your liking.