What's new

New Surface Pro Owner

SteelSteve

Well today I picked up the Pro 6 with i5 8GB ram 128GB SSD. I've only had it a few hours but so far I'm very happy with the build quality and speed of the device. I travel so I'm hoping to use this not only as my primary computer at home but my travel PC and media / ebook device.

Turbo4AWD

Congratulations!! Glad to see more Surface Pro 6 users on here! I absolutely love my Surface Pro 6, but use it more casually. Regardless, enjoy and welcome!

manisha m

HI I am new to the surface pro family and have recently got the surface pro 6. I can't seem to figure out how to optimize my use as I have been using a Mac for the last 15 years. My question is when I am in tablet mode and trying to write something with the surface pen the on screen keyboard keeps popping up. Is there a way to stop that? also how can one switch the use of the pen from writing to mouse while writing a document on Word. Thanks in advance

ScottyS

HI I am new to the surface pro family and have recently got the surface pro 6. I can't seem to figure out how to optimize my use as I have been using a Mac for the last 15 years. My question is when I am in tablet mode and trying to write something with the surface pen the on screen keyboard keeps popping up. Is there a way to stop that? also how can one switch the use of the pen from writing to mouse while writing a document on Word. Thanks in advance
Try Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard to toggle on screen keyboard to come up or not.
Also Windows Logo Key+Ctrl+O will turn it on or off.

Also in Settings/Devices/Typing/Touch keyboard you can turn off Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached.

Turbo4AWD

What I usually do is hit the toggle on the on screen keyboard and switch to the handwriting box instead of the keyboard. This way if I want to handwrite something into a dialog box and have it convert to text, it will do so without popping up the keyboard. However, I have not had any issue handwriting something in tablet mode while in OneNote. Probably because it natively has support for the Surface Pen and knows not to bring up the on screen keyboard unless toggled by the user via the keyboard system tray icon.