What's new

new surface pro 4 user - should have got an iPad

andyp13

Hi all, I'm a new surface pro 4 owner, 256 , 8gb ram etc
Had nothing but trouble with the pen...... now everything works fine except for the eraser?
The click opens OneNote, the double click works, the pen tip is fine, but the eraser has stopped working?
Any one else had this problem and know how to solve it?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just to verify, when you flip the pen on the screen it doesn't erase? It should need any pressure.

Make sure all updates have been applied including all Firmware updates.

OP
andyp13

andyp13

Everything on the pen works except the eraser, in one note when I flip the pen over the eraser icon selects, but the eraser does not work, I have to select the eraser and use the pen tip?
In Drawboard it does not work, and also in Staffpad

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thing you can try, remove the battery from the pen and re-seat it, change the battery or lastly request a new pen from Microsoft Support.

OP
andyp13

andyp13

Thing you can try, remove the battery from the pen and re-seat it, change the battery or lastly request a new pen from Microsoft Support.

thanks for getting back to me, I have tried all your suggestions apart from getting in touch with Microsoft support as it seems impossible... I can't find an email address and the online help support are impossible to get in touch with.... very annoying as they were all over me when I was thinking about buying one.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've found the eraser works in some programs but in others it draws like the other end of the pen. You're saying it selects eraser but doesn't erase? That's weird! Have you tried it in one note too see if it works there? I found the eraser works as an eraser in One Note, fresh paint and clip studio but not in sketchbook or some other free sketching apps.

Zkyevolved

Chatting with Microsoft or calling them is the best bet. Go to surface. Com and you'll find many ways to contact them. They can even call you! That is a strange issue to be honest... I imagine you've done a rule restart, right? Or even uninstalling one note...

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all, I'm a new surface pro 4 owner, 256 , 8gb ram etc
Had nothing but trouble with the pen...... now everything works fine except for the eraser?
The click opens OneNote, the double click works, the pen tip is fine, but the eraser has stopped working?
Any one else had this problem and know how to solve it?

I have recently had this issue. Unfortunately I had dropped my pen onto its erasure and damaged it - The rest of the pen worked great -Clicks, drawing etc. But when I flipped the pen over to erase - nadda- So I drop the coin on a new one and BAM! the erasure works great. Obviously there is a sensor in the earsure part that went bad when I dropped it. Sucks as a new pen and tips ran me about $75....