What's new

Solved New Surface 3 Lte unlocked issues Canadian Carriers

I just got my Surface 3 lte unlocked here in Vancouver Canada

Apparently IM the first in Canada so
I do have a problem with my Telus account ( Canadian Carrier)

I have a 5 gig data plan for $45/ month AND I just switched the sim card FROM MY IPad to the Surfaxce and after 1 hour of tech support and configuration we got it to work YAH!

BUt we have more set up issues
so far they have charged me $550 for 500 MEGS of data in the last 24 hours and blocked my account several times. Of course this bill will be reverted back to my plan of $45 but still Telus is trying to figure out how to configure the mobile card settings ..

Bleeding edge is where I live.. Just love the tech support say hmmm I've never seen a surface 3 on lte before.. GREAT so Im the guinea pig just Great!

well i will switch to Rogers next if we can not reslove

leeshor

That sounds like fun.;) Did you get it from Telus? If so they certainly should take responsibility for getting it to work. I would think if it worked on the iPad it should have been simple to keep that same plan attached to that card. I guess "should" is the key word.

After a while they'll need to start paying you for OJT.

OP
I

Intranetsites

Well they unblocked my access again but they still don't have the ANP configured right yet.

I'm clearing the road so others can follow :)

Last edited:
OP
I

Intranetsites

Basically I have to reboot if I lose cell connection .. widows is not able to restore connection between cell towers in some cases. No automatic reconnection and when manually trying to reconnect I'm greeted with ANP not configured correctly. But after a reboot its an easy rec0nnection.. is this a windows issue or a Qualcom Issue? after 5.5 years of iPads 3G-4G LTE, i've never had to reboot to re-establish a lost connection!

I see Qualcomm just released a series of LTE Advanced modems ....lets hope this is a real improvement:)

btw I have now tested both Telus last week and Rogers this week ( Canada) with both the same hard to reconnect results

Last edited: