What's new

New Surface 2

postalmarky

I just received my new Surface 2 today! Just playing with it and exploring this evening. Love it so far. Sold my iPad 3 last week, and haven't looked back. I purchased the purple Type cover 2 and I really like it. Feels great to type on and the back lit keys are nice too. My gateway drug into the Microsoft world was Windows phone. I started with a Nokia Lumia 710 and have since moved up to a Lumia 925. Great phone that I got at a great price. I also recently purchased an Xbox one, and have been enjoying it too. I think I am pretty well invested in the Window Universe, and I don't miss the Apple world at all. If anyone has an Xbox one and wants to add me as a friend feel free to do it. I need to find some more friends on Xbox Live. Oh and by the way I got a great deal on the Surface 2 when I bought it on the Microsoft Store website this week. They they threw in a free touch cover. I chose the Cyan. I plan to use it when I travel with the Surface. Anyway nice to meet you guys here on the forums and thanks for all of the information and help you offer.

postalmarky

My gamertag is the same as my forum name: postalmarky

oion

Grats. Sounds like you got in on the extremely short-term deal MS is having now:

The Microsoft Store is offering a limited time deal with any of the Surface devices. When you buy a new Surface RT, Surface 2, Surface Pro, or Surface Pro 2 you will get a free Touch Cover. The Touch Cover normally goes for $80. You can choose from black, white, cyan, magenta, and red. This deal ends on Saturday, March 29th. If you’ve been wanting a Surface device and Touch Cover now is the best time to pick one up. Hit the link below to visit the Microsoft Store.

TunaSurface

Nice, I happened to get a white touch cover with my surface.
Have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I just cant decide if I want the type cover or
the power cover :/

cali

Welcome to the site. You might be interested in our sister site for the XBoxOne. Lots of gamer discussion over there.

oion

Nice, I happened to get a white touch cover with my surface.
Have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I just cant decide if I want the type cover or
the power cover :/

Oh, right. To be clear--the free bundle deal is for the FIRST GENERATION Touch cover, and everyone (yes, I'm pretty sure everyone) feels that the second gen Touch 2 covers are significantly better. I didn't even realize that until you mentioned white, because the Touch 2 cover is available only in black. So they have an overstock of Touch 1 covers, huh...

TunaSurface

So they have an overstock of Touch 1 covers, huh...
Yea I bet, I think they have surfaces overstocked as well :/
I've seen a lot of stores recently having all kinds of surfaces on sale
with the first gen. touch cover for free.
I asked if i could get a type cover instead, but they said no.