What's new

New SP4 i5 owner

fractaloctopus

So usually I'm the kind of person that will figure out what I want to get and then get the best quality version I can. For example when I started snowboarding I didn't buy the "starter" setup for around $500, I bought a higher end setup for about $1400. Why buy a lower grade product when I pretty much know I'm going to want to upgrade shortly anyway? The original purchase would just be lost money in the end. Well, I went against that rule when buying a laptop for university. I figured I would save some money and grabbed an Asus E403SA. From the beginning I knew I made a mistake. I fought with it constantly, trying to eke out any possible bit of extra performance to no end. It's heavy and just a bit too big to effectively use on some of the small desks at school so I rarely took it with me.

Last week I had enough and bought a Surface Pro 4 i5 8GB/256GB. Not the top of the line, but as this is purely meant for school I'm not too worried about the lack of discrete GPU or needing tons of local storage. So far I'm loving it. The screen is amazing and I love the size of the machine. I probably could have waited for the SP5 to be released and saved a bit, but to be honest I was so incredibly done with the Asus I just had to bite the bullet now.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Somethings can be made cheaply and still made well. For some reason though, I've never had a good experience with a cheap laptop.

Good to hear you're enjoying the SP4. It is not without faults (largely software related in my experience), but they are great machines.

Welcome to the forum!