What's new

New SP4 firmware out

1n0nlyJoe

I've come to log in to tell you DO NOT UPDATE! I've had to restart multiple times since I press the button to go to sleep mode and it doesn't wake up. Yes, I know of the Windows symbol + P & Alt, Ctrl, & Delete, but those no longer work on waking it up again. Once again, DO NOT UPDATE!

btreece

The Intel graphics update for HD 520 has fixed the Maps App. The maps within that app were not showing roads. After 114 days of the issue and after 56 days of Microsoft tweeking Intel driver .4352, THE ROADS ON THE MAPS APP SHOWS UP AND LOOKS AMAZING! THANK YOU MICROSOFT!!!

JB474

Had the huge update in one go. Took a long time to install but since doing that, things look stable ( for the first time in 2 months). Even the 540 intell iris firmware has updated to version 4364 (01/12/2016). Promising outlook!!

Zkyevolved

I'd like to throw my voice in:

It installed in 1 batch (downloaded) but had to restart multiple times (3 times total).

I slept it at 78% last night, and 6 hours later while sleeping (3 hours until hibernate) it lost only 1-2% (77% when I turned it on, but instantly dropped to 76% once in Windows).

Very happy :) This also allowed my CPU to drop speeds! Yay! SP4 is more stable than ever based on sleeping and watching task manager :)

M$user

Mine took two tries to install, first time I got blue screen, rebooted and all is well. I hope the update fixed the issue of putting Surface to sleep. I've had to set it to hibernate instead of sleep with keyboard closed because it wouldn't wake back up with the other way.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
After the update does anyone get a Display Driver crash or black screen when going to
RealClearTechnology

They have some awesome ads on there ;) which have been driving me crazy lately with this issue.

Afy

Updated in one go.. I found the progress bars changing colour quite amusing. Then again I am easily amused.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Updated in one go.. I found the progress bars changing colour quite amusing. Then again I am easily amused.
The circle of dots is getting old... reminds me of circling the wagons... they should add some random points around the circle with lines shooting in and out or a bigger circle going the opposite direction. Just view some old westerns to get the right ideas.