What's new

Solved New Netflix app does not work properly on Surface Pro 4?

Emka Zwo

On my Surface Pro 4 the new Windows 10 Netflix app does not play most of the content (for example Jessica Jones, DareDevil etc.)
It always gives out the error code: U7361-1253-8007001F

After telephoning with a technical supporter for about 2 hours he said that it must have something to do with the known Surface Pro 4 graphics card issues.

Do you have a Pro 4 with Netflix on it? And is yours working properly?

I have the Pro 4, i5, 256 GB

Regards
Michael

Afy

I have Netflix and haven't faced issues. Not with Daredevil, JJ or anything. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Also it is a stupid question but do you have enough bandwidth?

pmm0724

I checked that there are no updates for Netflix, so I assume it is the current version. It works on my SP4 I7.

scottw03

On my Surface Pro 4 the new Windows 10 Netflix app does not play most of the content (for example Jessica Jones, DareDevil etc.)
It always gives out the error code: U7361-1253-8007001F

After telephoning with a technical supporter for about 2 hours he said that it must have something to do with the known Surface Pro 4 graphics card issues.

Do you have a Pro 4 with Netflix on it? And is yours working properly?

I have the Pro 4, i5, 256 GB

Regards
Michael

I am having a similar problem with my SP3 i5 and the current Netflix app. I can't get it to play. Keeps saying there was a connection issue. I checked my login info and it is good.

For the time being I just log into the website using IE and stream my content that way. Figure the issue with the app will eventually get fixed.

kundas1

first off, always use the web to stream, the APP doesn't have all of the selection that the web base has for some reason. also I was getting the same error as the OP and what I had to do is delete a file and then all was well. I tried googling and nothing comes up with that error so my error was a different one... keep looking OP and you will find a solution

Afy

Given that I have an i7/16GB I am quite sure its a pro 4. And since I downloaded the app from the Windows Store on Win 10 I am also quite sure its the store app.

OP
E

Emka Zwo

Just tried to switch to "Auto" but without success unfortunately. But was a good idea!
The SP4 i7 has different graphics inside I believe. Maybe this one is not so buggy...
Anyone with a SP4 i5 out there?

EMINENT

Just checked on my i5 256/8 and it wouldn't load at first. Then, it signed me out and when I tried again it gave me an error or F1. Closing and re-opening resulted in the same so I uninstalled and re-installed and signed in and Daredevil is streaming fine.