What's new

New Intel drivers available

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
tried that and it says its up to date?

current version is this: 20.19.4326
You have to manually update them, if you let Windows search for it you'll get that dialog. Download the zipped version and extract to a folder then follow the process a couple of posts back....

jonneymendoza

You have to manually update them, if you let Windows search for it you'll get that dialog. Download the zipped version and extract to a folder then follow the process a couple of posts back....
hi. i already downloaded the zip file and extracted it.

The instructions where a bit vague from the post that i quoted that just says to go to device manager and do a manual update??

How do i manually install the drivers?

Thanks in advance

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
hi. i already downloaded the zip file and extracted it.

The instructions where a bit vague from the post that i quoted that just says to go to device manager and do a manual update??

How do i manually install the drivers?

Thanks in advance
Sorry I posted this in another thread:

1. Click "Start", right-click "Computer", and click "Properties".

2. Click "Device Manager" on the left.

3. In the "User Account Control" window, click "Yes".

IF UPDATING DRIVER GO TO STEP 5

4. Double-click "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" if present under
"Other Devices". (Go to step 6) - (Only if you uninstalled the driver previously and it didn't reinstall).

5. Expand "Display adapters" and double-click the graphics controller.

6. In the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver".

7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9. Click "Have Disk..." and click "Browse".

10. Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file you
downloaded, click the "Graphics" folder, and select the
.INF file. Click "Open".

11. Click "OK" and click "Next". The operating system will install
the driver.

12. Click "Close" and click "Yes" to reboot. The driver should now
be loaded.

Nuspieds

I haven't had graphics driver crashes for weeks now, so I'll pass
I started to experience some strange display issues, including one or more screens going blank--something that hadn't occurred for weeks since the last hardware update. So, today, I rolled back.

Scopedoc

SP4 I7 16gb 512 SP has been on automatic update checked driver and it is .4352 "latest version" crashes Microsoft Movie manager every minute or two (particularly when performing editing functions), the one or two times I tried VSDC editor and occasionally with media player. haven't tried much other media- anyone have a video editor (the simpler the better) that seems to work? thanks in advance

btreece

In Rohan Thakkar [MSFT] post created November 24, 2015 dealing with graphics cards & the Windows 10 Maps App:

Windows 10 Maps App sometimes does not show the streets or roads on the map

he states :
Update 1/8/16: We’ve been working on a fix, but the problem turned out to be a bit more complex than we’d anticipated. If you install the unverified driver, roads become visible again, but the driver causes other rendering issues in the Maps app. We are working hard on solving the overall issue as soon as possible. We understand that this has been a major inconvenience and we sincerely apologize. We can assure you that this is a top priority for our team.

The unverified driver from Intel that he speaks about is here :

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen]
Version: 15.40.14.4352 (Latest) Date: 12/23/2015
NOTE : This driver is for 6th Generation Intel® Core processors, Intel Core™ M, and related Pentium® processors with Intel® HD Graphics 510, 515, 520, 530, Intel® Iris Graphics 540 and Intel® Iris Graphics 550.