What's new

New Beta Intel HD 4000 Drivers for Windows 8.1

OP
R

rstrube

Hi Folks,

I can confirm after reinstalling Win 8.1 RTM and hiding the 6-2013 surface firmware / driver update (within Windows Update) I can install the beta Intel drivers with no problems. It appears that after you install the update, the Intel driver package detects that the drivers are non standard and won't install.

Before doing the complete reinstall, I checked Intel installer's log file and it mentioned something about the driver ID has 3 sets of numbers instead of the expected 4 sets of numbers. After doing the reinstall, this problem no longer appeared in the log file.

Rob

pierre118

Hi Folks,

I can confirm after reinstalling Win 8.1 RTM and hiding the 6-2013 surface firmware / driver update (within Windows Update) I can install the beta Intel drivers with no problems. It appears that after you install the update, the Intel driver package detects that the drivers are non standard and won't install.

Before doing the complete reinstall, I checked Intel installer's log file and it mentioned something about the driver ID has 3 sets of numbers instead of the expected 4 sets of numbers. After doing the reinstall, this problem no longer appeared in the log file.

Rob

Good to hear it's working for you too.

Pepper

I just registered here as a new user to say thanks for this thread. I would not have known this forum existed except that the search results brought me here when I was looking for how to install a newer Win8.1 video driver on my Surface Pro. This looks like an interesting forum and I look forward to participating!

pierre118

I just registered here as a new user to say thanks for this thread. I would not have known this forum existed except that the search results brought me here when I was looking for how to install a newer Win8.1 video driver on my Surface Pro. This looks like an interesting forum and I look forward to participating!

Welcome, and please share your experiences