What's new

need tips on sp3 heat and fan?

ogbcuz13

i need help and tips on what can i do to fix the issue with the heat and loud fan blowing i only have 3 months and haven't used it extremely but when i do i run emulators to play that's when everything happens and its a powerful devise but i know there has to be a fix for this but i haven't find one i dont want to get a usb fan so any tips on why this is happening and how to east fix by the way i have a sp3 i5 4gb ram 128 gb i also have the latest intel graphics and high performance option.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not surprised the fan can kick up when using emulators. They can be very demanding. My pro 3 may be a powerful device, but it cant even emulate a 13 year old PS2 game.

Telstar1948

I noticed on another thread that some were saying their Defender was the cause of their fan running more. They said they switched to another virus application & the fan running dropped off precipitously along with the heating. Don't know if this will do the trick or not, but some said, "Yes!"

I do know for certain that after the May firmware update my SP3 started immediately running warmer and the fan began running more. I hadn't changed my use of the SP3 so I'm certain that particular firmware update caused it.