What's new

NBC Live Extra App - anyone else terrible quality?

This probably isn't surface specific but windows 8. I used this app for a day or so and it seemed fine streaming in HD, however now it seems everything comes through in about 240p or worse. Has anyone else gotten good quality in this app. Key points:

Same app on Android phone perfect HD quality on same network...and on SP3 perfect HD quality when using the NBC website through desktop IE. It's just the metro app that has terrible streaming quality. Weird.

bluegrass

I went to the store to check for "NBC Live" out & couldn't find it. Maybe it was removed because it was so bad. Most of us do know that there are a lot of very poor quality apps that wind up in the Microsoft store. I try some once in awhile & if they don't help me & or bad, I uninstall them right away.

kundas1

also didn't MS pledge to weed out all the bad quality apps? perhaps thats the reason it's no longer there?

OP
R

rlarsen462

NBC Sports Live Extra yes...it's the official NBC app so nothing shady but it definitely doesn't work very well in the streaming quality department. What's weird is that the quality was good the first day I used it but garbage ever since. Tried reinstalling it, etc., still no good.

bluegrass

Can you go to the same site & stream with MUI IE and see if it's the app causing the poor video quality?