What's new

My Surface Pro 3 256 GB i7 just yesterday!!!

hmhoshino

I had to take to my local Microsoft service center. First of all it will not power up after I put in my pin. When I hold in the power for 30 seconds plus and try to reboot it, I get an error message stating my pc does not power off correctly. It also says to take it in for repair. I also tried holding the power button and volume to reboot but, that did not work. I went through all these steps at home and at the Microsoft Store. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem?

Luckily it is still under warranty and they are trying to recover my data and give me a replacement and reload my data. I am not sure if this is possible. Since mine is under warranty, the can give me a replacement. I do not know if it will be a refurbished one or brand new, which only have a warranty to July of this year which is when my extended warranty runs out. How long will my replacement lasts?

Henry

MadGizmoO

Well in Denmark, we have 2 years of warranty, so if it breaks and they cant fiks it, they have to give you a brand new, and not a refurbished, plus new product means new warranty so 2 new years of warranty on your new product. They arnt allowed to give you a refurbished. I also think its commen for Ms. Just to replace broken items with new, read alot about sp2 ovners getting a sp3 instead cause they stop producing sp2. Iam thinking in getting extended warranty again for your new surface. Gl with it and look forward to hear how it turns out.

BOBEL

Microsoft replace MY SYSTEM WITH A NEW ONE. I am sure they will do the same with you.

TRY THIS : WHEN YOU GET YOUR REPLACEMENT CALL MICROSOFT SUPPORT AND REG YOUR PRO 3

THEY WILL TELL YOU WEATHER OR NOT IT IS A REPLACEMENT OR NEW ONE.

GOOD LUCK

BOBEL

OP
H

hmhoshino

Thanks I will do just that. My extended warranty runs out this July says I can't extend the warranty or buy a new one. I just hope I get a new Surface Pro 3 that does not have any problems.

Just before mine died, it sure gave a lot of problems because of Windows 10. Did you have problems with Windows 10?

Thanks Henry

When I get a replacement I sure hope it lasts and, I will not have any further problems.

Last edited: