What's new

Solved My pen stopped working, but eraser works?

davidlozzi

My pen has stopped working, but the eraser works. I've reconnected it via bluetooth. Just ordered new battery in hopes.

mtmowl

My pen has stopped working, but the eraser works. I've reconnected it via bluetooth. Just ordered new battery in hopes.

Did you know that many/most 9 volt batteries actually contain 6 AAAA cells that are a perfect fit for the pen? Some cells are a bit small physically, but will still work. One 9V battery is a lot cheaper (and easier to get) than 3 sets of separately packaged AAAA cells.

I have replaced my batteries this way in several pens.

OP
D

davidlozzi

Sadly a new battery didn't work. Also kept it removed for about 10 minutes, still nada. Held down the eraser button for a solid 30 seconds hoping that may reset something. Nothing.

Weird that the eraser end work and the tip doesn't...

OP
D

davidlozzi

Ah, it does come out. Was scared of breaking it. Just tried it, no luck. The book is about a month old, if not less. Can't imagine I need a new tip already.

Orlbuckeye

I had an issue similar where the pen said it was connected but wasn't working. I kept removing and reconnection until I got the error "Corupt Driver". What I did was went to the deevice manager under Bluetooth and I disabled the pen and the device disappeared under Bluetooth. I then hit the find new hardware and the pen popped back up upder bluetooth devices. I then connected again and I haven't had an issue since. This happened around the beginning of December.

OP
D

davidlozzi

Yea, I'm not getting a driver error in Bluetooth, and in Device Manager it shows as normal. Switching Bluetooth off and on and now the driver error is gone, but still not working.... rebooting.....

OP
D

davidlozzi

So I rebooted and it installed some system updates. I installed the latest firmware last week I think it was? Not sure what this was, but now the button press works, opens OneNote and all. Just removed from device man, BT, etc. Nada. Tip still not working.

Orlbuckeye

I wasn't getting the error every time either. Once I deleted it installed the driver and my pen has worked flawlessly since before christmas. I thought it was battery and was replacing daily.