What's new

Music

Juliette

Hi there,
I have a 2 year old Surface pro X running windows 11, and am a professional pianist. I'm using MobileSheets to read scores : I just have to upload my pdf and most of the time it works very well... Except I have a issue which is scary during concerts : random white page (with my notations only but no music) or black screen waiting to load next page. I tried an other app (MusicReader) and ran into the same problem. I use a Firefly Bluetooth pedal to turn pages but it doesn't make a difference if I use it or not. Any idea of what could be causing that?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Juliette,

Could you provide the specs for your device, how much RAM and Storage?

could you launch Task Manager and go to the "Performance" tab. Then on the "View" menu set "update speed" to low.
Then launch MobileSheets and when the issue happens flip to Task Manager and see if there is high CPU, Memory, Disk, Wi-Fi, or GPU usage? if there is we'll need to drill down on the specifics to see what's using resources.

I looked at the MobileSheets site and they have a Forum as well with a topic of interest ...
Workaround for machines that experience long delays
you might want to post there also...

as a test you could try raising the priority of MobileSheets when it's running in Task Manager.
to do that you'd find MobileSheets in the list on the "Details" tab. Right click it and Set Priority to Above Normal or High.
If that works then a more permanent solution can be implemented such as the script from the MobileSheets Forum or some other fix.

OP
J

Juliette

Thank you for your help !
I'm really not good at understanding devices and software. Anyway, I have a Surface Pro X, 2nd generation. Ram 16Gb, Stockage 512, of which 409 is free. I can't find where to play with the speed in the Performance tab. Mine is set in French, speed would be "vitesse", but can't find any reference to speed, except in the details : doesn't look like I'm using a lot of memory while running MS. I don't see where I can change the priority to Above Normal or High.

I looked into the MobileSheets forum, it looks like some people with the X model have issues with reading scores because it works with ARM64 and MS with ARM32 only... As I also had similar problems using MusicReader and Nkoda, I tend to think that might be it and it looks like I have to buy a more reliable device for my professional activities

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, definitely, some compatibility issues are being reported and with their limited support for the ARM64 platform, it would be an uphill battle. You might want to inquire there what are the best devices to use.