jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Details below:

upload_2016-8-31_6-31-27.png

Microsoft Surface Book update history | Surface firmware updates

Adambomb13

Thanks for the Information :)

I want to vent a little, I have the Corei7/with dGPU and I'm so tired of issues even to this day. This is my last Surface product, I'm done being a beta tester for the last year.

ncameron

I've picked up the 2nd, 3rd and 4th listed here - but not the 1st one regarding the Surface Management Engine. :-(

wardo5757

Has anyone noticed the keyboard and mouse not working after sleep since this latest round of august updates? 9 times out of 10, when I open my SB the keyboard and mouse are dead and I have to detach then re-attach the clip board in order to get it working again.

Niterider4

My SB was finally working properly after the April updates, and now I am back to having problems. I have the dreaded hot bag issue again, and I cannot believe that MS wants to force me to swipe or click away the useless lock screen every time my SB wakes from sleep.

What a terrible product cycle this has been. So disappointed in Microsoft.

wardo5757

My SB was finally working properly after the April updates, and now I am back to having problems. I have the dreaded hot bag issue again, and I cannot believe that MS wants to force me to swipe or click away the useless lock screen every time my SB wakes from sleep.

What a terrible product cycle this has been. So disappointed in Microsoft.
So many different experiences with these devices.
Swiping away the lock screen happens rarely to mine, even after the update, after my retinas are identified the lock screen will disappear on its own.
As far as the keyboard losing connection, I went into device manager and uninstalled every device that was associated with the keyboard, mouse and base then re-started. It seems one of the drivers had become corrupt because so far all is working fine again.

Niterider4

It is truly remarkable that Microsoft cannot get their flagship operating system to work reliably or properly on their own (very expensive) hardware. I have a $600 Asus laptop that runs Windows 10 with fewer problems than my surface book.