What's new

Monitors for daisy chaining

acemd

Hello everyone. Got my surface pro 2 the day after launch day, and have been trying to figure out this daisy chaining monitors from the display port thing. I am having some difficulty in locating monitors that can be used that can be used to daisy chain 2 monitors together. Any suggestion on where I can find 2 24inch monitors with these capabilities.
The one monitor I did find (dell u2413) seems to be hit or miss as many have complained about ghosting issues and screen problems.
Thanks

mtalinm

I'd also be curious. See other thread on this topic. I think the u2413 does not have a displayport-out port, does it?

OP
A

acemd

Yeah the u2413 has a display port 1.2 an mini display port and a display port out. See link

Dell UltraSharp 24 PremierColor Monitor - U2413

I search all over this forum as well as others and did not find to much info (which I thought was surprising).

If no one has any specific on monitors maybe someone can help me with possible keywords to search or specific links I can visit to do more research.

Also I find it interesting how difficult it is to find information in regards to monitors that can be daisychain (it could just be me). It makes me wonder about others perception about this method of attaching multiple monitors. Is there something that I am not aware of? Are there better methods or options out there? Etc.

Thanks for the input

OP
A

acemd

Ok guys, I may have answered my own question. I went to the display port webs site

Products Database | DisplayPort

Look up went to there product page clicked the dp display-multi-stream tab (assuming that this means daisy chaining support. If I am wrong please tell me). It seems like there are only 6 monitors out currently with the ability to be daisy chained (hope o got this right).

Wow, I gotta say that was a bummer. I thought that there would be definitely more displays with this capability. Now I am debating on picking one of these monitors up (probably going with the 24 inch dell and hope that I have no issues) and maybe another monitor that has a display port 1.1 but is better for movies and light gaming. But I have to admit, at least for me the dell u2413 is kinda expensive for just work monitor (would not mind paying that much if it meet all my needs). I plan on researching this in more depth,

Thanks to those that have replied and to those who have yet to reply
:

Nuspieds

The SP2 supports DP 1.2; therefore, it supports DP daisy-chaining monitors.

That's my setup and it works great.

jontheophilus

I have gotten display port daisy chaining working with two Dell U2414H monitors, Surface Pro 2, and the Surface Dock.

I am running the latest Intel video driver (10.18.10.3496).

The trick was I had to plug each monitor in and enable displayport 1.2 via the on screen menu, then chain them together.

mtalinm

same here, except the end of my chain is a Dell U2713HM. it did not work out of the box; as jontheophilus says, you have to enable daisy chaining in the MONITOR's settings using the menu button

I have gotten display port daisy chaining working with two Dell U2414H monitors, Surface Pro 2, and the Surface Dock.

I am running the latest Intel video driver (10.18.10.3496).

The trick was I had to plug each monitor in and enable displayport 1.2 via the on screen menu, then chain them together.